How to set up discounts for subscriptions
Discount codes can be configured in Restrict > Discount Codes.
Discounts allow you to give special offers to new registrations, giving extra incentive for users to sign up for your website's premium content section.
The following options are available when creating a new discount:
- Name - The name of the discount. This is for your reference in the admin area.
- Description - A description of the discount. Also for your reference.
- Code - The actual code for users to enter on the registration form. Entering this code applies the discount.
- Type - There are two choices: "Percentage" and "Flat". Percentage gives a percentage off the total price. So if your membership is $10 and your discount is 10%, the registration price will be $9. Flat gives a flat dollar amount discount. This takes the specified number of dollars (or other currency) off of the base membership price.
- Amount - The amount the discount is for. So if you chose "Flat" previously, then you'd enter the dollar amount to subtract from the registration price here. Or if you chose "Percentage" then you'd enter the percent number.
- One Time - If checked, the discount will only be applied to the first payment in a membership. If unchecked, the discount will be applied to all payments in that membership.
- Membership Levels - You can choose to allow the discount to be applied to "All Levels", or only be applied to a specific membership level.
- Expiration Date - Optionally, you can schedule the discount to expire at a certain date. If someone tries to apply the discount after it's expired, it will not be applied to their order.
- Max Uses - Optionally you can set the discount to only be used a certain number of times. Leave blank for unlimited.
add_filter( 'rcp_discounts_once_per_user', '__return_true' );