Allowing social logins on the login and registration forms
Allowing your customers to register a new user account with their existing social media accounts, like Facebook or Twitter, can improve their experience and has even been shown to improve conversion rates. In this help file, we'll show you how to enable social login on your Restrict Content Pro site using a third-party plugin called WordPress Social Login. This help file will assume you already have RCP set up and working. If you need instructions for the initial setup of RCP, please refer to our documentation.
- Install the WordPress Social Login plugin by Miled.
- a. Go to Plugins > Add New.
- b. Search for "WordPress Social Login".
- c. Click Install Now.
- d. When it's finished installing, click Activate Plugin.
Example screenshot of the page edit screen
Example screenshot of the social login on the front end.
Customer Registration Experience
Now that you have everything set up, your customers can now login and register using their social media accounts. When a customer uses the social login, here's what happens:
- The customer clicks the social media icon of their choice
- After logging into the social network, they will see the following screen:
- When creating a new account, the customer will be asked for their email address:
- After supplying an email address, the customer will be redirected back to your site, the customer's user account will be created on your site, and the customer will be automatically logged in. Now he or she can purchase a membership and manage his or her account on your site.