How to manually add a new member
There are two steps to manually adding a member to Restrict Content Pro:
- Creating the user account.
- Granting the user account access to a subscription level.
Creating the user account
This is done by simply adding a new user account in WordPress, so you may already be familiar with the process. If not, here are the steps:
- Inside the admin area, navigate to Users > Add New.
- Enter in the username, email, and any other details.
- Decide whether or not to email the user details about their account.
- Click the button to "Add New User".
Add the user to a subscription level
Next, we need to assign that newly created user account to a Restrict Content Pro subscription level.
- Inside the admin area, navigate to Restrict > Members.
- At the bottom of the page, locate the area titled, "Add New Subscription (for existing user)".
- Enter the username you just created in the box. This will pop up with username suggestions as you type. The username must be one that exists in Users > All Users.
- Choose the subscription level you'd like to add the user to.
- Enter an expiration date for their account.
- Click the button to "Add User Subscription".
Note: when you add a subscription to a user manually, you cannot automatically charge that user for the subscription. This process simply allows you to grant access to premium content for special cases, such as when you have given a membership away as a competition prize, or a user has paid with some alternate method.