The RCP_Member class is an extension of WP_User and provides easy access to member-specific data. This class is used primarily when retrieving or updating account details for a member.
Every member has a status attached to their account:
- free - This is a member that has not paid and is the same as a standard WordPress user account.
- pending - This is a member that is transitioning from a free, expired, or cancelled member to an active member. Usually this means their payment is pending.
- active - This is a member whose account is in good standing.
- cancelled - This is a member that has cancelled their account. Cancelled accounts retain access to content until their expiration date is reached.
- expired - This is a member who has reached their expiration date.
There are several methods for interacting with member statuses.
- get_status() - Use this to retrieve the current status of a member.
- set_status( $new_status ) - Use this to set the member's status.
$member = new RCP_Member( 1 ); $status = $member->get_status();
$member = new RCP_Member( 1 ); $member->set_status( 'active' );
Most member accounts have an expiration date assigned to them. Expiration dates are stored in Y-n-d H:i:s formats.
- get_expiration_date( $formatted = true ) - This retrieves the expiration date in a human readable format. Pass false to retrieve a non-formatted version.
- get_expiration_time() - This retrieves the expiration date as a unix timestamp.
- set_expiration_date( $new_date ) - Sets the expiration date to a new date. The date should be provided as Y-n-d H:i:s
$member = new RCP_Member( 1 ); $member->set_expiration_date( '2015-12-01 12:12:01' );
If you wish to set a member so they never expire, pass none as the date.
$member = new RCP_Member( 1 ); $member->set_expiration_date( 'none' );
Renew / Cancel
One of the most helpful aspects of the RCP_Member class is the renew() and cancel() methods that allow you to easily activate or deactivate a member's account without having to worry about manually setting the status or expiration dates.
To renew a member and automatically set the status and expiration date:
$member = RCP_Member( 1 ); $member->renew();
If the member has a recurring subscription, pass true to the renew() method to ensure the recurring status is properly set:
$member = RCP_Member( 1 ); $member->renew( true );
To cancel a member:
$member = RCP_Member( 1 ); $member->cancel();
To cancel a member's recurring payment at the gateway:
$member = RCP_Member( 1 ); $member->cancel_payment_profile();
Additional Helper Methods
There are numerous other helper methods provided by RCP_Member that can be useful when doing custom development around Restrict Content Pro.
set_payment_profile_id( $profile_id = '' )
set_subscription_id( $subscription_id )
add_note( $note = '' )
set_recurring( $yes = true )
can_access( $post_id = 0 )