The Help Scout add-on for Restrict Content Pro allows support teams to view the subscription details of a customer inside of the Help Scout application.
Configuring the add-on is a simple process.
1. Create application in Help Scout
From the Help Scout Apps page create a new Custom App, give it a name, and set its Content Type to Dynamic Content.
Next, set the callback URL to https://YOURSITE.com/?member=1. Be sure to replace "YOURSITE.com" with the actual domain of your website.
In the secret key field, enter any text string that is 40 characters or less. It is recommended that you use a random string of characters. http://passwordsgenerator.net/ provides a useful tool for generating random strings. Make note of the secret key you use as you will need it in a moment.
In the Mailboxes section, select each mailbox that you wish to enable the application on.
2. Install and activate the Restrict Content Pro - Help Scout plugin
It is now time to activate the plugin in your WordPress website. Log into your WordPress administration area and navigate to Plugins > Add New and upload the rcp-help-scout.zip file.
3. Enter your API keys
Now you will need to enter your API keys in the Restrict Content Pro Misc settings tab. Navigate to Restrict > Settings > Misc:
- Secret Key: this is define when creating the Custom App, See step above.
- API Key: this is retrieved from the Your Profile page in your Help Scout account.
- Email Address: this is the email address used for your Help Scout inbox.
You should now see membership information for customers that have a subscription on your website inside of Help Scout.